An Taisce, The National Trust for Ireland, seeks to employ a Planning & Environmental Policy Officer on a one-year fixed term contract (with possibility of extension/subject to funding). The successful candidate will work jointly as part of the An Taisce Built and Natural Environment teams to further advocacy priorities both nationally and at EU level.
Applicants should have a minimum of two years relevant experience, be highly motivated and be able to demonstrate:
– A fundamental understanding of the public purpose underlying An Taisce and empathy with its vision, mission, goals and objectives.
– In‐depth knowledge and experience of planning policy and legislation and environmental issues in Ireland.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills and expertise in communicating complex concepts to a range of audiences.
– Experience in developing project proposals and funding applications.
– A track record of initiating, managing and delivering evidence‐based policy work and a proven track record in report writing.
– Ability to lead policy work and draw on the expertise of others.
– Good team working, working with volunteers and stakeholders.
– Strong negotiation skills.
Salary will be based upon relevant skills and experience and will likely to be in the range of €30,000 per annum.
If you wish to promote, defend and protect the diverse environment and heritage of Ireland and believe that you can fulfill the requirements above please forward your CV, cover letter and three samples of written work* to: firstname.lastname@example.org and by post to: James Nix, Director, An Taisce, The Tailors Hall, Back Lane Dublin 8. (*The samples should be 500 to 2,500 words in length and can include extracts from longer documents. A wide range of material is accepted, from extracts from theses/dissertations, to journal articles, newspaper pieces, funding applications, etc.)
Please mark all envelopes and emails “Position of Planning & Environmental Policy Officer”. Any enquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 1st of March 2013 at 5pm