The Irish Environmental Network (IEN) is seeking to recruit a Communications Intern, who will be responsible for assisting the Communications Officer in expanding the reach and message of the network.
The IEN has over 30 members, and the secretariat works to support them and our advocacy coalition – the Environmental Pillar. You will assist a small but energetic team to shape policy and advocate with regard to the natural environment in Ireland.
Title of Role
Communications Intern, Irish Environmental Network
We are not currently in a position to provide a salary to interns and are only open to applications from currently enrolled third-level communications students.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Weekly check-ins with Comms Officer to set work agenda
- Writing posts for social media channels to engage and grow our audience
- Tracking post engagement and performance
- Participate in internal communications projects
- Current enrolment in a Communications degree
- Keen interest and passion for issues relating to climate and biodiversity
- Proven ability to communicate effectively within a team
- Capacity to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to write to a range of audiences
- Previous work experience in non-profit communications
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite
Hours per week: this is flexible and will determined upon selection.
Duration: six months
How to apply
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter indicating your interest and suitability for the position. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2021.