Good Energies Alliance Ireland (GEAI) is the only non-profit Environmental NGO in Ireland with a principal focus on Energy. GEAI is based in the North-West of Ireland but its remit is all-island. It is a member of the Irish Environmental Network and Environmental Pillar and has links with environmental groups nationally and internationally. It was founded in 2011, was incorporated as a Company Limited by Guarantee in December 2012, and its Directors are all volunteers.[/tab][tab]Campaign activities include:
- Awareness-raising presentations and organisation of discussion forums to community groups, Local Authority, schools, religious congregations and other groups;
- Organisation of a major international conference in September 2013;
- Influencing public authorities and decision-makers locally and nationally through advocacy;
- Generating publicity for the campaign through website, social media, press, radio and TV;
- Focussing on young people and generating enthusiasm among them for the campaign;
- Working with artists in the community to organise mixed media exhibitions.
If you are interested in getting involved, find out more details about how to take action at the following link.
You can now become a member of GEAI. Information on memberships can be found here.